Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said...

So my little Jason has been feeling a little under the weather. He got a fever on Tuesday night and I was sure it was just teething. But Wednesday he was just not acting like himself. Usually if he wants attention he'll come stand by my legs and complain. Well on Wednesday he wouldn't even crawl to me, he would just sit on the floor and look at me and whine. It was so sad. His fever was a bit higher. At one point during the night it got to 103 degrees.
The next morning when we got up he was acting SO much better. He was laughing even. I was so happy. I took this video of him Thursday morning.

Even though he was acting better, he still wasn't 100% and he still had a fever a lot of the time so I decided to go see the doc. We took him last night and found out that he has an ear infection. He's now on antibiotics and should be feeling better within 60 hours!

I was practicing a croquet pattern and I decided to make this ball for Jas. It's just yarn stuffed with grocery bags but we sure have fun with it. Isn't it great how children don't care if their toy is a homemade, lop-sided ball or a $50 toy yard?

6 comments:

~Mindy~ said...

Poor little guy! Ha ha, in that last picture where he's playing with the ball I think he looks just like Bryce! Cute!

The Clarks said...

poor jason! i hope he gets better soon. i love your little homemade toy! makes me remember our good ol' crocheting days! =)

Jenny said...

Cute Cute... I wonder if Charlee has ear infections too! My kids never get fevers with them so it is a guessing game. She is either teething or she has an ear infection! POOR THING
Love the ball!

Vernon Black said...

Hey, Brittan and I both hope he gets feeling better soon - if he isn't already. We also look forward to having our old neighbors as our new neighbors - it sounds like a backyard barbecue waiting to happen, doesn't it?

Suzy said...

I hate ear infections! Lana use to get them one after another, after another...it is no fun! It was because she was allergic to dairy. It sucked. My little neice had some and it kept her from walking because it screwed up her balance. Hope this is a one time one and not something that will keep coming back. I hope he's feeling better. He sure looks cute in his onsie on the balcony!

Bryce Jr said...

Nice job on the ball. One of the first toys I remember getting from Santa Claus was a crocheted football. We decided Wistful Willy (the elf that needs glasses) made it, told Mom (who was also known to crochet now and then) how cool it was that we'd gotten something from Wistful Willy, and played with it until it wore out.