Monday, August 3, 2009

First Tomatoes of the Season

So my tomatoes servived long enough to give me a few tomatoes. And they're still kickin'! I had 5 tomatoes between the 2 plants when I got home from Fishlake! I was so excited.
Here is a picture of my first red tomatoes. They were all so tiny I had to use 9 slices to fill up one piece of bread!I made the mistake of giving the first piece to Jason... He's just like his Daddy. He doesn't like tomatoes! :(
He needed a big drink of water to wash it down.
I tell you what, I won't be giving up any time soon though. I hope that he'll learn to like them, cuz I think they are SOOOO tasty!!

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I'm not a tomato fan either, but we just had our first peas of the season yesterday! Peas straight from the garden are the best.