Bryce had to work Wed and Thur so he flew out commercially and met us out there Thursday night. On Wednesday we spent the day just doing whatever we thought of. We landed about 9:30 in the morning, so we had all day to just play. We started out up at Hollywood Boulevard (a place I've never been before) and then went down to Venice Beach.
My Cute In-laws!
Janis and Lee both took a nap there so I just enjoyed watching the waves roll in and seeing the little birds that live there.
That night I met up with my good friend Ashley. It was so fun to see her again. She moved out to California almost a year and a half ago and this is the first time I've seen her since she moved.
We got to spend all day Thursday together. Lee and Janis spent the day in Disney Land. I decided to pass on that since I wouldn't be able to go on anything too exciting.
I got to see where Ashley works, then we ate lunch right off the ocean at Laguna Beach.
Then she took me to this fun little beach with lots of rocks and little tide pools. It was beautiful!
Here is a video of the waves splashing up into the rocks. It was so pretty.
On Friday we spent all day deep sea fishing. I even caught my own big deep sea fish! It was pretty fun. Bryce could have stayed all day and night, although I think Janis and I would have been fine if we had only done a half day rather than the 3/4th.
Even though I had taken anti-motion sickness pills, my body still wanted to be sick on the way out there. I had to stand up top in the freezing wind and look to the horizon so that I didn't get sick. There was this really nice old man, named Don, who kept me company while everyone else stayed inside to warm up. (I don't blame them! I would have been in there if I could've been.) Don gave me crackers and kept talking to me to keep my mind off of the nausea. He was really nice! Sadly my camera ran out of batteries and I didn't have my charger with me, so I don't have any pictures of that. Bryce took some, so maybe I'll get those from him eventually.... :)
On Saturday we flew out to Catalina Island. It is a beautiful little island! We flew around it a bit before we landed and that was really fun to see. Thanks to Janis for letting me borrow her camera I did get a couple of pictures from that day. Here is the shore of the island from the air.
It was such a fun vacation, (even though I missed my Jason like crazy the whole time!) But now I am glad to be home. And a bonus is that I came home to such beautiful weather here! In fact I think it was warmer here on Sunday when we flew in than it was in California. Crazy, since it was snowing when we left. :) I love Utah!
And here is one last picture. These flowers were everywhere. All different colors and sizes. I thought they were so cool so I had to take a picture of course. (I always take pictures of flowers. Bryce probably thinks I'm a little crazy, but I do love it.)
3 comments:
Wow. You have been one busy lady! And not women's conference.
I wish I had someone who would take my kids for a week so that I could go to California. I have never even touched the ocean. Someday.
I can feel myself tossing my cookies into the ocean... I got so sick when Brian and I went out in Mexico. It was a little old man in a 'tin' boat that took us out into the massive waves. :) Looks like you had a nice time, I didn't realize that you left Jason. I would say I could have watched him, but with our sick on and off, I don't think that would have been good either. Sooz, it is because you have more than one child. However I would watch your kiddos for you too. :)
looks so fun and SO pretty! i love those flowers, they are so cool!
Post a Comment