Monday, July 6, 2009

My New House

You know, I am one of those people that really looks forward to change, but once change actually happens I have a really hard time with it. This move is one of those times. I've been so excited to move and now that I'm here I'm finding I'm having a hard time. Don't get me wrong, I love my new house; I just miss my old one. And not that I really miss the house itself... I miss the familiarity. Things still aren't all put away. It's getting closer, but I think the mess might add to my stress a little. I just have to remind myself that this is a good thing and that everything is going to be just fine.
`
Anyway here are some pictures of our new house. It's pretty, huh?
And thank you SO MUCH for all of you who helped us move!!! We couldn't have done it without you!!! (Or else it would have taken us two weeks instead of two days!)

This is our unfinished basement. Bryce was so excited about it because look at those concrete walls! Isn't the first thing anyone would think of is how good their sound system would sound in there?? (The sound system is the first thing he set up in our house...)

And we have a place for our computer now other than inside Jason's room. Yippee!

Jody (my wonderful sister-in-law) came over and helped me make the basement a little more homey. She brought material and we made these curtains. They turned out pretty good, huh? Jody is one of the most generous and giving people I know. She is just wonderful. Thanks Jody!And we have a backyard! My nephews came over and they actually had a place to play... It was wonderful! I'm so excited to play in the backyard with my baby and husband some more. :) (You've gotta love my panoramic shot, don't ya?)

5 comments:

Suzy said...

That looks so nice! I'm so excited for you guys. Don't worry, it will feel like home in no time at all. And Jody is wonderful isn't she!

~Mindy~ said...

It looks great! Definitely bigger! You'll settle in soon and love it just as much as the last place, don't worry. I can't wait to come visit you and see it! (Yeah, we still haven't planned that, but I'm thinking ahead!) :)

Amber said...

Looks fun! We should come visit and try out that new backyard. Do you have a pool? :) Love ya Rece!

Bettie said...

Did you buy it or are you renting?

Sharece said...

We're renting still. Our future is much too up in the air to buy at this point. :)