Sunday, June 14, 2009

My Sad Story

So today I got up and had a relaxing morning at home. It is very nice being home... and SO quiet. I took a shower, ate breakfast, got Jason ready and went to church. I am always supposed to be early because I am our ward librarian. Needless to say I'm never quite as early as I should be. But today I was actually early. I was so excited. As I was walking in I noticed how few cars were in the parking lot. "I must be really early," I thought.

Then...
I was sitting in the library and a few people from the sixth ward brought some things back but I didn't see a single soul from my ward. Not even someone from the bishopric. I watched the clock: Quarter to, Ten to, and still no one came. Then suddenly I realized... "Is it Stake Conference today!!?" I found an old program and sure enough...

Stake Conference...........................June 13-14

O sad. So I locked up and walked back home. Conference started at 10 and by then it was already half way over. Then getting the car seat and driving there... So I missed church all together even with my great start this morning! How disappointing!

4 comments:

The Clarks said...

oh man! i'm sorry. that is sad. but i'm still proud of you for being early. =)

Suzy said...

That sounds like something I would do!! Welcome to motherhood where all your brain cells seem to disapear along with your memory!

Arrington said...

That is sad .. but I sure like Suzy's comment! So true! I love you, my sis! Congrats on a quiet morning! :)

~Mindy~ said...

Ha ha, I almost did that last week! I got up, started preparing my lesson (I procrastinate a lot and end up preparing Sunday morning...) and then I was feeling really sick and woke Jon up to see if he would teach, so we were both up at 7:30 and about 20 minutes later we realized it was Stake Conference and it was at 10. Ha ha, at least I didn't make it to the church though! ;)