Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My "little" Garden

My tomatoe plants are getting HUGE! (It's more like a tree than a plant.) We also have 3 tiny little green tomatoes. I love watching plants grow. I get so excited when I see blossoms and little vegetables/fruit growing on them! It's fun learning about gardening and fun trying it in pots on my balcony. :) Also our orange bell peppers are doing well. They're getting really big as well and we have 2 little bell peppers starting to grow. Pretty exciting!
I have a question for you , Pop. If the bottom leaves on my tomatoe plant are going yellow does that mean I've watered them too much or too little? Anyone's advice would be nice. Thanks!

2 comments:

The Clarks said...

that is so exciting! we've been wanting to grow stuff for so long. maybe we'll just go ahead and do what you're doing and just do them in pots! you are awesome. =) p.s. i have no idea about the yellow leaves, but my dad always said to keep your tomato plants trimmed up real good if they get too many leaves so that the plant can put it's energy into the fruit instead of the plant. i donno, that's what he always said. =) i hope it made sense. love you!

Jenny said...

Don't water the leaves, make sure when you water you don't poor it over the leaves. Tomato's should be watered at the base in the soil. Pinch off the yellow leaves! In my opinion it could be overwatering it could be underwatering or it could just be yellow leaves. After you pinch off the yellow leaves, if other leaves turn yellow re-evaluate! I agree with "the clarks" dad. Also at the end of the year when you still have a ton of green tomatos that aren't getting red. Take away the water and they will turn red! DO THIS ONLY AT THE END OF THE SEASON!