Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What we've been up to...

HOME REMODELING- Haha, well a bit of it at least.
~We put in crown molding with the help of Brian w the electrical and Richard w the help of everything else.  Bryce wanted his "theater lighting" so we even have a remote to dim the lights as our movie starts.  Pretty snazzy, huh?

~I painted the kids room.  And I have sworn off painting from now on!  While I was busy painting the walls of the kids room, Jas grabbed my can of orange paint, took it into our living room, opened it, and preceded to paint a lovely orange elephant on our living room wall.  I was not too happy about it to say the least. 

Luckily we have some extra paint that color so besides the orange residue on the carpet, there is hardly any evidence that elephant was ever there.

Jason was a big helper (in spite of his orange elephant). He helped me take of the wall paper strip in the toy room.
I wanted a grayish blue color, but the first color I tried was not what I was expecting.  It looked much more like sky blue than grey blue!

Jenny came and helped me a bunch! She made sure all my lines were straight.


And yes, it's while I was painting this wall that Jason was busy painting his own wall downstairs...

JASON GOT HIS BUNK BEDS
~While we were busy putting the boys bunk beds together, Jason decided to get Tyler some ketchup.  Yikes!  But what a happy, dirty boy.

Jason LOVES his bunk beds.  For like a week he would get ready for bed all on his own and ask to go to bed.  Or he's come down at 7:15 and tell me the sun was setting (even thought it was really still light out).  Pretty fun!

We had to put a stool at the bottom for Tyler to get in bed, but he also thinks his new bed is pretty cool.  :)

Our excited boys.  Love them!

And of course, BOATING.
~It has gotten warm enough for us to take our whole family out on the boat again, so we have gone a few times together.
The first time Jacob came with us.
Then just our family.  Jas got to do some fishing.
And driving the boat.
And Bryce was crazy enough to wear his swimming suit.  :)
Then we got the treat of having Lisa come with us.
She even got in!

 Here is a picture of Bryce skiing on the smoothest water we've had for a long time.  Look at that reflection.  :)
  
Jason decided it was warm enough to jump in... He must be his father's son.
He got soaked.

3 comments:

~Mindy~ said...

That room looks so cute!!! And how fun for the boys to be excited for bedtime! And tell Bryce that we are very impressed with his theater lighting. :)

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

You've been busy! I love the boys room and the bunk beds are fun! I bet they love them! Are you still up in Heber? Now that it's getting warmer I'll be coming up more. We should meet at a park. Do you have any favorites?

Sharece said...

I love the park on Main. We should meet there if you like that one! Or if there is one closer to your parents house that you love, I'm up for new options. :)