I'm sorry I have no pictures to go with this post because I didn't bring my camera......
Jason got sick last week on Wednesday night. He had a fever all weekend until it finally broke yesterday afternoon. It's so fun to have my happy healthy boy back... But that's not the point of the story. Here goes:
On Friday Jas was probably at the peak of his illness. Fever, sore throat, who knows what else. Well 5:00 rolls around and there is a knock on the door. It was our good friends Shawn and Ali. I wondered why Bryce invited people over while Jas was sick, but it was good to see them. It's easy to feel cut off from the world when you're stuck at home with a sick child. But then to my surprise Bryce said, "Get ready."
???
So he starts telling the Martin's Jason's bedtime routine and I get my shoes and my coat. And off we went. He wouldn't tell me where we were going. I had no idea. Especially the further we drove the more I wondered cuz we kept passing all the places I suspected. Until we got off and ended up at his section office. We then got into an unmarked Charger (The Lt's) and Bryce asks the driver (his buddy) to show us what it does. I was so confused by this point. Were we going on a ride along with one of his friends??? Hmm....
Until we pulled up to the Energy Solutions Arena! He had won Jazz tickets from work with a VIP dinner before the game! I was SO SURPRISED and it was so fun! Sometimes I don't like surprises, but I'll give Bryce points for this one. He planned it so well, I had no idea we were going anywhere (I thought we were stuck at home with a sick baby), he got a babysitter himself, and I wouldn't change anything. In fact if I had known about it, I probably would have been stressing out thinking I was going to have to stay home to take care of Jas, so it worked out really well. It was great. Well the only thing I would change is that Jas wasn't sick. It made it harder for the Martin's and I kept wondering how he was doing the whole time.
The Jazz even won for us to put a little icing on the cake. It was such a great night. Thanks Honey for putting it all together! You're the BEST!!
And THANKS so much Shawn and Ali for watching our grumpy baby. Jason sure does love you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
that is so fun! how romantic. =) glad jason is feeling better.
Oh....so jealous! You so have an amazing husband. Just remember, I found him first!! JK :)
That is so fun! Bryce definitely gets some kudo points for that date - sounds like you had a great time!
Hello Friend! It's been SO long! Your little one is getting big! Now to answer your question about Louisiana...Terry joined the Army and we are stationed here. Crazy huh? It's been quite an adventure! His unit is scheduled to deploy in November (mixed feelings about it) and I'll be moving back home. I'm actually flying out to Utah on Feb. 8th so we should get together!
Post a Comment