Sunday, October 11, 2009

Birthday and Food

Last week my little sister had her TWENTIETH birthday! That's right there are no more teenagers in our family. We're all getting so old. ;)

Lisa had us over for dinner on her birthday. She made some really tasty alfredo with breadsticks. Thanks Lisa, it sure was good! Then afterward we had some cupcakes. Lara made these. Isn't she talented? Lisa loves popcorn, it's like a whole nother food group for her, so I thought the "popcorn" cupcakes were appropriate.

Love you , Q. Glad we could celebrate with you! As you probably know, Jason loves to help me cook. This time we made ice cream and I let him lick the spatula from the mushed up berries. He loved it. We had blackberry-peach. And I loved it too. Yum, yum!

And I made eggs in a frame for breakfast a couple days ago. I even made the frames little hearts. :) But look at those middle pictures... Jason is eating with a fork nowdays! It amazes me how coordinated he's getting.
(But of course, sometimes he still uses his hands.)

5 comments:

The Clarks said...

oh my heck! lisa is 20?! that's so crazy. happy birthday, lisa! looks like you guys had fun. cool cupcakes, lara! and sharece, your ice cream and eggs in a frame look SO good! i guess that's what i get for looking at pictures of food on fast sunday. =) ha ha. love you all!

Suzy said...

Some things are just better with the hands. At least, I think so! So cute.

Jenny said...

I need an ice-cream maker! I can't get blackberry peach out of my head now. One last thing, we call it egg's in a Window, FUNNY!

Arrington said...

Kayson still uses his hands all too often to eat .. and we know he can use utensils. I guess Suzy is right, some things really are better with hands!! :)

~Mindy~ said...

I can't believe Lisa is 20!!! Everyone is growing up too fast, they should all just stop because i can't keep up! lol