It was pretty crazy going from 1 kid to 6. :) It was a little exhausting at times, and so much fun the rest of the time. I had a lot of help from the oldest 3 kids and Mary & Jason are both good babies so it wasn't too hard. :) Sometimes I missed my baby, even though he was right there, because I'm used to him being my everything and there I had a lot of distractions so Jason didn't get a whole lot of my attention.
Bryce and I took everyone swimming at the REC center and it was a blast. I'll admit I was a little afraid that I'd loose one of 'em there, but I didn't. Bryce was a BIG help. Couldn't have done it without him. I'd loose sight of one and he'd find 'em for me. Mary didn't have too much fun in the beginning. She'd cry anytime anyone would splash her, but after a bit she warmed up and loved it. She just started walking so she'd try to walk in the pool and it was really cute. She'd take a few steps then face plant it into the water. (Thankfully I was there so she didn't get dunked everytime.) Jason loved it as usual. And everyone went down the big slide except Ethan and Mary. It was a good time.
One of our favorite things to do was play with blocks. It made me want to get some. Right now I don't have any so Jason's "blocks" are a bunch of cookie cutters. I realized when I was there that those aren't nearly as fun to stack.
All in all, I love those neices and nephews of mine! It was fun to spend a week with them. And even tho I was excited to have Jason in his own room again, I'll admit that I was a little sad to leave. I'll have to come visit soon!
4 comments:
Wow! Six little ones at the swimming pool! You're brave. I couldn't (can't) do that! I took my twins to a birthday party at a swimming pool and was a wreck for the whole next week not to mention totally stressed out for the week before! Sigh. My poor little kids. They have a psyco mom when it comes to swimming pools. Sad. But that's just how it is!!!!
You are quite the woman. I can't seem to keep control of my 3 kids, 6 is way over my limit. Especially with 2 babies.
Good for you! How do you feel about 4 kids and a diabetic????
Post a Comment